Monday, December 19, 2011

Learning Web Design & Development is fun when Gamified

Gamification is a buzzword that is frowned upon by many.  It's more of a trend than anything else and since it's hanging around I thought this example might be fun to share.  This blog post from The Gamification blog landed in my Google reader.

Learn Web Design, Web Development, and iOS Development - Treehouse
TeamTreehouse.com
The blog post points out the use of gamification elements in the web development learning environment created by Team Treehouse.

I have a couple reasons for sharing this with you:

1) I really like the design of both the site and the video lessons.  The videos are well done. The production quality is great, and the few free lessons that I reviewed were well scripted and flowed quite nicely.

2) While I am not a believer in the gamification of all learning, I do think in certain instances it makes sense for that audience.

Whether you are a fan of gamification or not, I just figured this was a nice example that you might want to review for any number of reasons.  Heck, you may even want to learn how to program iOS and make your own learning app.  Go for it!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Website Design Company said...

I like this post..It was really very informative.Web design & development Industry is growing rapidly in the period of high technology, and the future is very bright in the coming years.

Super Bowl Commercials 2012 said...

Excellent pieces. Keep posting such kind of information on your blog. I really impressed by your blog.